6/12/13

6/12 Quick hello!


I haven't posted on here in a while!

G E N E R A L

Some mundane things that have changed about me: I've been going back and forth between lip stains and lipsticks (will post a review on some favorites!), changed my foundation routine, started using more brown pencil eyeliner and less black eyeliner, and I was hooked on falsies for a couple months! However, in my selfie above I wore mascara! I guess I look the same minus the long lashes :< I'm also still studying for my test which will take place at the end of the month.

kawaii gif photo: kawaii gif mini02b04.gif

R E C E N T L Y

The past two days was most eventful. It was my fiance's grandpa's viewing and funeral at Long Beach. I felt a lot of emotions, especially since he lived at my fiance's house. It pained me to see his grandma crying hard. Loss is the hardest to cope with, but there is a strong support system in this family, so I know they'll get along fine. Even though I didn't know his grandpa like they did, I know he was a good man, and I can see why his family is so kind and loving. I liked that they were together for so long and because they were "best friends," as one of his uncles put it. I want that with Abrann. You can only imagine that these past few days made me appreciate my time in this world even more. Apart from the heaviness I felt, I was excited about being introduced to more of Abrann's relatives. He has so many! Many of the adults joked about when our wedding would be! "Soon," Abrann says. ='D I got the "are you Filipina?" card again. o_o Anyway, I loved that his family treated me like one of their own. I wasn't expecting much other than making an appearance, but I also took part in the mass service by serving the wine while Abrann served the bread! I never even did that when I was a Catholic! It was interesting witnessing Abrann in a Catholic mass since he's Christian. I actually prefer the Christian services over mass because it's more attention-grabbing. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I realized that all of my relatives aren't as close-knit. It's pretty fragmented because of all the history and drama that's happened. Being around Abrann's entire family was definitely refreshing. I know that when I have a family of my own someday everyone will be close and loving! One thing I'd like to note is that Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream saved my skin during the internment at the cemetery. SPF42 does wonders!

After the funeral, we explored the Long Beach area (it was my first time!) and roamed around Westminster Mall, a place Abrann used to frequent in his childhood. He finally bought his Animal Crossing game that he's been waiting patiently for! There were also a lot of Asian stores nearby, so I saved myself a trip from Clairemont back in San Diego! ^o^ One of my more notable purchases were "natural-looking" bottom lashes I will experiment with sometime, and my favorite canned teas and milk coffees, and a Palty hair dye! Hubby got himself some cute strawberry sodas

With our purchase, we got to choose a free shirt. I picked Totoro, of course! I tried it on later when we went home, and Abrann seemed really excited about me wearing a T-shirt since it's a rarity. I guess it's a nice change of pace every once in a while! I don't always need to be dressed up.

After doing further research, I decided the color I bought might make my hair undesirably darker, so I might sell it on eBay or wait until I rebleach my whole head to make the color work. However, I am eyeing Prettia Natural Ash because it keeps your hair the same level of brown while toning it, instead of Palty. A little research can save you a lot of trouble!

Lastly, this morning I found out my cousin I'm closest to got into a car accident late last night. Thankfully, her injuries were no worse than a couple sprains and gashes, and that my other cousins that were with her left unscathed... but man, it's crazy to think how something can change in a blink of an eye. I told hubby to drive extra safe since he usually gets off work late. During breakfast, we played Animal Crossing New Leaf while we cooked breakfast! I even made my own account so that we could be neighbors LOL. Anyway, it felt good to eat a home cooked meal again! I guess I miss things too easily!

I also found out today that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released the same day as the PS4! I've only been waiting for this game for almost a decade! Funny how Square Enix kept their mouths this whole time while all of us have been dying for some news!



Now we're back to reality. Time to keep studying hard until my test date! I'm so excited for what this Summer has in store for me. I really feel like it'll be the best one yet!


I don't know why, but this reminds me of Abrann and I! He's the Pikachu!

No comments:

Post a Comment