6/12/13

NYX Matte Lipsticks!

Me wearing Tea Rose

Top: Audrey, Bottom: Tea Rose

Hey guys! I wanted to share my experience with lipsticks! I used to run away from lipsticks for two reasons:

1) It seemed like a bold product
2) It would dry out my lips

... Until one day I picked some up to quell these fears! I did my fair share of googling on NYX products. From past experience, I've enjoyed NYX (i.e. their jumbo pencils and powder blushes), so I had a good feeling about their lipsticks! I had to get my hands on a couple after seeing the gorgeous swatches. While they all look so tempting, I narrowed my choices down to Audrey and Tea Rose.

First of all, let me just say that the pictures online don't do Tea Rose any justice. It reminds me of a berry jam shade, rather than a rose. It is also a lot darker in person, but still very pretty! Audrey was the shade I expected it to be, a bright muted medium pink. After purchasing them, I shortly realized Audrey is essentially a lighter and perkier version of Tea Rose. Surprisingly, I find myself reaching for Audrey more often. Perhaps with a lighter outfit (like a cream lace dress!?), I can step out with Tea Rose lips! It will give a nice contrast.

As for the formula, it's pretty creamy, but I do see the matte finish! To counteract the drying that might occur, I swipe my lip balm over to keep my lips soft. I also dab the lipstick on because I don't prefer wearing a strong-colored lip. The formula lasts for a good couple hours, too.
Left: Audrey, Right: Tea Rose

Top: Tea Rose, Bottom: Audrey *swatched under fluorescent light, but accurate representation*

I'm happy I tested the waters with these shades! I'm sort of eyeing a perfect nude rose shade, as well as these shades (I saved a list!):

Revlon Lip Butters:
  • Creamsicle - nude peach
  • Pink Truffle - muted pink brown
  • Peach Parfait - peach coral
Revlon Colorburst
  • Rosy Nude - neutral medium rose
  • Blush - light mauvey pink
MAC
  • Ravishing - neutral warm peach
  • Shy Girl - neutral coral beige
Maybelline - Coral Carnation - coral peachy pink
Lancome - Pink Preview - mute pink
NYX - Pumpkin Pie (dupe of MAC Shy Girl)
Wet n Wild Megalast
  • Rosebud - red/rose
  • Just Peachy - peachy
  • Bare It All - nude

Contacts: EOS in Glamour Blue

1 comment: