8/9/13

Benefit They're Real Mascara / NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Looks like I didn't leave empty-handed yesterday when I went to Sephora.

Being thrifty when it comes to makeup, I was very careful upon choosing my items. But deep down, I was really excited to be shopping in Sephora with all the pretty make up around me.


Wearing Benefit's They're Real Mascara on top lashes, Define-A-Lash on bottom lashes slightly layered with Big Eyes mascara (the small brush), Dark brown eyeliner top lid, Brown eyeliner for cat eye, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Bulletproof Beige, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and Body Shop's Rose Pink Lip Tint

That's right! I don't wear blush anymore. :)

I bought the sample version of Benefit's They're Real Mascara for $10. This product claimed to lengthen, volume, separate, hold a curl, and define... and it did! It thickened my lashes instantly. The only thing I found difficult was that I needed to work quickly in separating the lashes because of the thick, dry formula. I also wasn't used to the ball end of the mascara.



I noticed this really helped with volumizing. However, if I lightly separate my lashes beforehand with Define-A-Lash, there shouldn't be a problem! I wouldn't use this mascara on my lower lashes. Instead, I used Define-A-Lash and volumized them with the bottom end of Big Eyes Mascara.

I had to buy a new concealer today because I literally ran out of my Coverblend concealer. I ordered another one that was suppose to deliver a week ago (wtf eBay?), so I hope it arrives soon. In the mean time, I bought something that appeared to have the same formula. It's NARS' Creamy Radiant Concealer, and for a whopping $28. The reviews I read were generally positive. It was time to buy a new concealer anyway. I've been using the same one for 6 months!



I chose the second lightest shade, Vanilla. The lightest shade, Chantilly, was a chalky white! Anyhow, I like the feathery-light formula. I have to be careful with how much I apply because once it dries, it DRIES. I can't use this concealer unless my eyes are thoroughly moisturized. The instantly-setting formula probably contributes to its long staying power. Luckily, a little goes a long way. Always trusting his input, I asked my hubby if he could tell I was wearing a different concealer today and he pointed out I had no eyebags! I think the light-reflecting particles had something to do with it, heheh. This concealer also works great as a highlighter for my tear ducts and bridge of my nose. I'll stick to NARS for now, but I'll probably rotate between this and Coverblend when I finally get my hands on it. But, I will say that Coverblend has a creamier consistency than NARS.

So here's how light my hair has gotten! It's a combination of Revlon Light Ash Blonde and sitting in the sun! I better enjoy it before fall comes around!


No comments:

Post a Comment