8/11/14

8/11: Hair Stuff & Favorites

I didn't realize how light my hair has gotten until I compared these two pictures! LOL both of these pictures were taken at the grid btw. The picture on the right is how I currently look.

Light/Medium ash brown hair (left) and Ash Blonde Hair (right)


I know I always go lighter in the summer and darker in the fall. I've always liked light hair with summer, as long as I don't get TOO tan (otherwise there won't be as much of a contrast with my features). I also feel like my hair looks healthier when it's darker, but maybe the increased sun exposure can also be a factor.

What's nice is that Sky told me he likes my hair lighter because a lot of asian girls have brown hair. He makes a good point there. I feel like my hair color is unique. With all the effort to get it this shade, so I'll should enjoy it at least until summer is over. :)

Moving on!






These are products I've been reaching for a lot this season.

NYX Butter Gloss in Meringue: I love the cool pink over my lips. It really compliments my light hair. For a more natural look I like to dab my lips after for a more matte look.



CoverGirl Cheekers in Natural Twinkle: This is a cool pink that I like to wear with cool-toned lippies.


Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Bulletproof Beige: (Original review here). I love how much brighter/wider/bigger my eyes look after I put this on.





  • Wet n' Wild Megalast Lip Color in Think Pink (another blue-toned pink lippie I could use in my life) or Bare It All (a "MLBB" lippie)
  • MAC Lipstick in Pink Plaid (and maybe Chatterbox, Lovelorn, or Viva Glam Gaga)
  • Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe
  • Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde (the truest ashiest blonde brow pencil I've come across; must renew!)
  • Anastasia Dip Brow in Blonde
  • Benefit Lollitint (a cool-toned lip/cheek tint that I might love!)
  • Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation in #210 "Medium Beige" or "Buff Beige" in #115
  • ELF Translucent Powder
  • Beauty Blender from Real Techniques (cheaper at Walgreens!)

No comments:

Post a Comment