3/12/15

MOTD & Circle Lenses: Geo Tri World Brown







In the lens case, they appear as a golden color. However, when mixed with the natural eye color, the result is a caramel-beige brown!


Notice anything different? Yup, I changed my color for the day! Here I am wearing Geo Tri World Brown. It has a 14.2mm diameter, so it doesn't enlarge, which is what I prefer. I've always thought eye-enlarging lenses looked a bit strange on my face, but that's just my opinion. I've tried Geo Tri World Green in the past as well, but I much prefer brown. I've actually had these lenses for almost a year now, and after wearing them tonight I'm pleased to they how comfortable they still feel!

After wearing these lenses, I noticed the stark contrast from my natural eye color. I wish I ordered these lenses with my prescription (left: -3.00, right: -2.50) in them so I could wear them more often, but I will make sure to do that with my next order!

I usually wear my Acuvue Oasis on a daily basis, and they are much more thin and moist compared to these lenses.




Product List:

Face:
Monistat Chafing Powder gel (face primer)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Foundation, Fair Sand
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, 20
Physician's Formula Minerals Translucent Powder (highlight)
Coastal Scents taupe eyeshadow (contour)
Too Faced (Milk?) Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (contour)

Eyes:
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer, 10 (also used throughout face to highlight)
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, Light Sand (also used throughout face to highlight)
ELF Black Liquid Eyeliner
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Bulletproof Beige
Apple Superlash Mascara (bottom lashes)
Ardell Natural Multipack Demi Wispies
Maybelline Brow Drama Blonde
Maybelline Define A Brow Light Brown

Lips:
Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Punch

I changed some things up today in my makeup routine. I used a matte taupe eyeshadow from Coastal Scents to contour, and I'm so glad I did. The grey/brown color gives a more natural shadow as opposed to using only warmer shades. Too much warmth can make you look muddy. At first, I applied too much of the taupe and looked too grey. However, I rectified this by lightly adding Chocolate Soleil. (I always end up mixing products LOL.) This added just the right amount of warmth to my contour. I used only the taupe color for my nose.


The taupe color (bottom right) I used was from a Coastal Scents sample palette.


Since I had class today, I wanted to wear more natural lashes, so I used Ardell's Natural Multipack! No one can tell you're wearing falsies at all. ;) I always buy this pack from Walmart. I get about a week's long wear with each pair, so they really do last you for a while.

That being said, I absolutely cannot wait to dye my eyebrows tomorrow! I finally got around to buying this dye! Retailing around $4, this is a cheap alternative to lightening your eyebrows. Going to a salon can cost around $12, but only dye it at home if you know what you're doing! I've been lightening my eyebrows for a while now so it's become second nature for me over time.

After dyeing them, I plan on using Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde and Anastasia Brow Pencil in Blonde. Sayonara black brows!



Also, happy one year to Sky and I! He is so precious to me. <3

14 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I think it is really cool how people can easily change eye colour nowadays! I always wanted to try purple lenses, however, I never used lenses in my life before.

    P.S.: You remind me younger Miley Cyrus in the first photo ;)

    I cannot wait to read your next post!

    Have a nice day,
    Zuzana

    http://iwish-zuzi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to stop by! And I've never gotten that Miley Cyrus comparison before, but thats pretty awesome! I think contacts are fun to switch up your look here and there. I recommend trying it out at least once. <3

      Delete
  2. What's your natural eye color? :) Anyway, you are so beautiful!! :) I like your hair color!! And these lenses seem very nice! :)
    I love brown colors on my eyes, because it's much more natural :)

    Jenny
    http ://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! My natural eye color is the darkest brown there is! And thank you, you are such a sweetheart! Brown contacts are definitely my favorite. ;)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely great post and I love your blog!

    www.Deluxefashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Will have to check out your blog too, as I'm sure it's lovely!

      Delete
  4. Oh i love the color.
    I've tried this color too.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else loves Revlon like I do!

      Delete
  5. Nice color! Awesome post :)

    http://salonfurnish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so gorgeous grace!! your hair look so amazing and the contact lens looks so dolly on you ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! <3

      Delete
  7. wow cuuuuute photos of you !!

    thanks for the comment!


    My Blog|Facebook | Bloglovin| Headers I made

    ReplyDelete