3/3/15

Eyebrow Update



I got my brows ($12) and upper lip ($8) threaded today and I feel like a new woman. I never had my lip threaded before, so it took a couple seconds for me to adjust to that type of pain on my lip. I went to the Otay mall to get them done.

I used to sport the straight brow look, but realized that my brow length wasn't long enough and didn't frame my face like it does with my new brows. If I were to describe my updated brow, it is longer, more symmetrical, and has a very subtle arch, with my new tail I am now loving!

I have been growing out my eyebrows and I asked the lady to clean up the area and keep the thickness the same. I realized even more that filled eyebrows and their length frame the face in a flattering way. 

My eyebrow on my left side is not as full as my right side probably because my bangs cover it (hair cover promotes hair growth I guess?) 

Because of this I have to fill in the left tail more. Now that my brows are more symmetrical it'll be easier to do my brows.



Eyebrow Products:

• Maybelline brow drama in blonde: I use this on my whole brow. I focus more on the tails especially the left side to give my tail some definition. I must be careful to not touch the inner parts of my brows because those parts are supposed to be more faded!

• Anastasia brow pencil in blonde: I use the spoolee throughout the brow to make the brows look more natural. I use the pencil on my brow tails to help give my brow the desired length. Eyebrows should slightly extend past the eye to structure my round face and give it an upside down triangle effect.

In the future, I am going to not mess with my brow shape and continue to get my brows threaded.


A little bit about the daytime cake today in order of how I put it on:
  1. Shiseido White Lucent Lotion SPF 18 (on face and neck, let set for 5 min.)
  2. Monistat Chafing Powder gel (used as a primer all over the face, let set for 5 min.)
  3. Flower BB Cream in BB1 (apply with fingers rubbing in an upward motion)
  4. NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in 10 (apply under eyes in an upside down triangle shape and blend with a sponge; layer for fuller coverage, also use on nose bridge, chin, cupid's bow)
  5. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Sand (apply under eyes and nose bridge as i did in #4)
  6. Rimmel Stay Matte in 20 (apply with a powder puff under eyes and all over face, pat gently)
  7. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick 340 (apply on cheek hollows and jawline, not on nose, blend with a sponge)
  8. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (apply with a fluffy brush on previously contoured areas, also apply on sides of nose with fingers or small fluffy brush)
  9. Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent (apply heavily on cheek bones, chin, neck and collar bones; and a light hand on nose, brow bones and cupid's bow)
  10. Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde
  11. Anastasia brow pencil in Blonde
  12. ELF Black Liquid Eyeliner
  13. Ardell Double Up Lashes (the ones I wore today are getting a little worn out and losing its shape so I need to buy new ones)
  14. Maybelline Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black on lower lashes (I used the part of the tube that has the smaller brush)
  15. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Bulletproof Beige (lightly apply on inner bottom eyelid, do not include tear ducts)
  16. Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch (lightly apply when using in daytime)
Since I'm going to Vegas soon (one year anniversary baby!!!), I wanted to finalize the makeup I'll be using for night time for flash photos. I've been researching around, making sure there are no ingredients in my foundation that would jeopardize a good night-time photo, etc. etc. That being said, say no to SPF at night!
  • For night time, follow steps 2-16.
  • Add an extra step: Covergirl Eye Enhancers in Champagne on inner corners, and highlight on usual areas except the cheek bones (refer to #9).
  • Add some blush!
Speaking of Vegas, my dresses from Tobi arrived! I bought two since I had a 50% discount. 
  • http://www.tobi.com/product/52879-tobi-night-wanderer-dress?color_id=71947 (navy, size S)
  • http://www.tobi.com/product/56928-tobi-arielle-bodycon-dress?color_id=79617 (black, size S)
I am so excited to go and celebrate one year with my boyfriend. We made this trip happen despite our budget and I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment