3/25/15

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation


I am officially on Spring Break! May I be blessed with adventures and lots of time to relax. Also, my 100% Pure Brightening Cleanser and Peripera Milky Lip Tint in Peach came in today! I am so excited to use it. I will do a review on it in a couple days.

So, I finally tried out NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Ceylan. After watching countless YouTube videos and reading blogs, I still could not figure out what shade I could be so I sampled Fiji, Ceylan, and Punjab. It was actually my first time asking for samples from Sephora (late bloomer, I know), but I am so thankful that they do this because I definitely save money this way. Fiji was the lightest of the three while Punjab was the darkest. Ceylan is described to be for medium skin tone with yellow undertones, and I can definitely attest to this. At first, after applying it looks really light and then it blends in with my skin tone. While it matched my skin pretty perfectly, I prefer to wear foundations that are just a tad lighter for a brightening effect. The next time I wear this foundation I might mix a little bit of Fiji to lighten it up. Oh, and btw, when I swatched NARS against Tarte on my hand earlier, Ceylan appeared to be just a tinge darker. However, I do think Fiji might be a shade match To Tarte.

I actually wanted to use NARS as part of my night time makeup since it lacks SPF, so I don't see myself using this foundation in the day time, as it would be a waste to me. I'd much prefer to stick with a foundation that already has SPF in it like my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Foundation (Fair Sand). NARS consistency was a little more runny than Tarte, which I kind of liked because it was easy to blend with my fingers (like the directions said to), and it felt much lighter on my face. Their "weightless" claim was spot on!

After wearing the foundation for about 5 hours, I decided to do the oil blot test. To my surprise, there was almost no oil on the sheet, so I guess this keeps my oil at bay. Great job, NARS!

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation may retail for $48, but it's so worth it. I'm definitely buying one after I've finished my sample!















FACE
  1. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, Ceylan (used fingers)
  2. Rimmel Stay Matte, #20
  3. Physician's Formula Translucent Pearls
  4. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
  5. Coastal Scents taupe eyeshadow
  6. Exuviance Concealer in Beige


EYES
  1. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Sand
  2. NYX Pencil Eyeliner in Dark Brown (top lid only)
  3. Ardell Double Up Lashes #206
  4. Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara (big wand on lower lashes)
  5. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Bulletproof Beige  
  6. Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde
  7. ELF HD Undereye Setting Powder

LIPS
  1. NYX Simply Pink First Base
  2. Tarte Amazonian 12hr Clay Foundation, Fair Sand
  3. NYX Butter Gloss Merengue




No comments:

Post a Comment