3/14/15

One Year Anniversary: VEGAS!



I made sure we took pictures before we drank too much! Nothing worse than looking super plastered in your pictures LOL.

Face:
Monistat Chafing Powder gel (face primer)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Foundation, Fair Sand
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, 20
Physician's Formula Minerals Translucent Powder (highlight)
Coastal Scents taupe eyeshadow (contour)
Too Faced (Milk?) Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (contour)
Covergirl Cheekers Natural Twinkle

Eyes:
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer, 10 (also used throughout face to highlight)
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, Light Sand (also used throughout face to highlight)
NYX Dark Brown Eyeliner (top and bottom)
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Bulletproof Beige
Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara (big wand on bottom lashes)
Ardell Double Up 206
Maybelline Brow Drama Blonde
Contacts: Geo Tri World Brown

Lips:
Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Punch

As for my my makeup, I was pretty happy with how I looked. Apparently I lost my ELF black liquid eyeliner that day but luckily I had a backup of dark brown pencil liner. PHEW! Applying makeup with freshly cleaned makeup brushes always gives a better finish. I'm going to stay cleaning my brushes on a regular basis. I learned that my foundation can cause flashback in photos. I should've know better with the SPF15, but at least you can see how evenly I applied my makeup LOL. Besides, the filters made it look better and I like how cute we looked together. The tie he's wearing is my absolute favorite. 

Anyways, I'm considering buying MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC20 or NC25) for new night time makeup and possibly a new setting powder like MAC Set Powder Soft  Yellow? I really want to try a more yellow-toned powder. I'll have to double check the ingredients to make sure they photograph well under flash photography. 

For night time makeup, I realized going darker with the eye make up looks better because it helps bring out your features when it's dark in the club. I added some blush to add more color to my face and two extra hair extension pieces for bigger hair. ;) These pieces were newly dyed, but turned out to be one shade lighter than I would've liked. At first I was worried it wouldn't match with my overall hair color, but I found that when placed in the back of the head in between my regular extensions it blends in seamlessly! It looked like natural highlights. I'm still going to dye them one shade darker so that I can wear them in the day time... and because I'm super nitpicky. ;)

Moving on to how my weekend went! Sky and I went to Vegas the day after our one year anniversary (3-12-15)! 

To my surprise, the drive wasn't too bad. We left around 11AM. The plan was that I drive there and Sky drives on the way back.  From Sky's house, it takes 3-4 hours to get to Vegas. The only drawback was that we used my car that had no AC! I'm hoping to have it fixed soon. We got to our hotel around 5, chilled in the room, had some Dominoes delivered, and got ready. It felt so good to shower again because the drive made is feel so sweaty and gross. Our hotel was conveniently located near XS Night Club, but we chose to drive because I like to minimize walking as much as possible after I leave the club! I was in charge of booking the hotel and I'm so glad I found a little gem like Blair Suites because it made our trip easy on us and our budget!

We went to XS around 11PM to see Kaskade. This was my third time going to that club. I went there twice last year to see Zedd and Deadmau5. It was our first time seeing him. Yeah I'm kind of an EDM head haha. If you didn't know, he is one of my favorite DJs and I've been wanting to see him or some time now. He is AMAZING live. He has such great showmanship and I could not stop recording and taking pictures during his set. I nearly died when I heard him play Atmosphere, because if you didn't know, that's one of my favorite songs ever.

We fell asleep around 4AM, and checked out around 10:30AM. Of course, we were starving and drove around to get some food. We actually spent a good amount of time looking for food because we were so indecisive! I'm happy we ended up in China Town and got some tea from No 1 Boba and banh mi from Lee's Sandwich! The Lee's in Vegas is 5x bigger than any other Lee's I've been in. I love that Vegas has a China town because I love Asian food.

From "No. 1 Boba": Coconut Milk Tea for me and Mango Milk Tea for Sky

Lee's Sandwiches Pork Banh Mi


After that, we left Vegas and hit minimal traffic. I'm kind of glad we left on Saturday because Sky told me that traffic is the worst on Sunsays since that's when everyone leaves. I can't believe we did a turn around trip because we are both so exhausted! But it was worth it and I would totally do it all again. I needed a getaway like this so badly!

A closeup of my dress from Tobi.com! It was a black halter bodycon with a cage design down the middle. I found it super flattering on me.


On the way home from Vegas





This trip was definitely one for the books, and I am still on such a high from last night. I can't wait for the next Vegas trip in Summer so I can hit the dayclubs!  :-)


 Don't forget to follow me on instagram and twitter for the latest updates. Also add me on snapchat: graceoira  ♥ 

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary on you!
    Hope you had a great day
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm having weekend withdrawals already. And I will definitely check your post out!

      Delete
  2. Awww! You and Sky look so cute together, although you look especially fabulous on that outfit. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun on that getaway. The hotel sounds amazing, and it's so nice that it fit your budget perfectly. Vegas is really the most luxurious place you can visit. Thanks for sharing that, Grace! Stay fab! :)

    Lucille Foster @ The George Hotel

    ReplyDelete