4/8/15

FOTD 4-8-15



I am dark blonde again! This actually happened on accident. I wanted to darken my base to frame my face better as well as add some depth to my hair. I was concerned that having one uniform hair color would wash me out and look flat.

I used L'Oreal Preference Dark Blonde (7) on my roots and I guess when I rinsed it out it tinted the rest of my hair LOL. I like the results though! The neutral base gave me a neutral medium/dark blonde color. I only left the dye on my hair for 15 minutes, although the directions say to leave it on for 25. I didn't leave it on for that long because my thin hair takes dye easily, and I didn't want it to darken too much. My hair before today was a level 8 and now it's a 7. I purchased the bottle from a local beauty supply store for 4.99. I prefer buying the actual bottle compared to a box because I have a loooot of developing creme at home. They sell 32 fl.oz bottles at Sally's for less than $5. I use Salon Care 20 vol. developer when dyeing my hair.



My hair after using L'Oreal Preference Dark Blonde 7

Below is my "school" makeup. I use less products than I normally would to save time.


Makeup for my face (eye makeup not included)

After my moisturizers (100% Pure Caffeine Eye Cream and Shiseido White Lucent SPF 15 Protective Cream) set, I used Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser to prime my face and let that set for 5 minutes. I then tried out a new foundation I bought today! L'Oreal True Match W2 (Light Ivory). I was researching this product last night. I used the compact version of this foundation a couple years ago, but this product is refreshing! I like the color and demi-matte finish. After today, I've decided to keep Tarte on the shelf for a while. I used a wedge sponge from ulta to apply for more natural coverage. I usually use a foundation brush if I want fuller  coverage. Then I used NYX HD Concealer 10 to cover my dark circles, as well as highlight my nose and chin. Then I set my t-zone, and under eye area with Rimmel Stay Matte 20. I might get a new setting powder because I want something more finely-milled. Definitely buying Ben Nye Banana Powder tomorrow at my local Camera Ready Cosmetics store! I contoured my face with NYX Blush True Taupe and highlighted my cheek bones, nose and chin with Physician's Formula Translucent Pearls. To top it all off, I spritz my work with NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray!

Face done! Now for the eyes.


Makeup for eyes/eye area

I know, it looks like I wear a lot of eye makeup LOL. But I really don't!

The last thing I do before using setting powder is my concealer. After using NYX HD Concealer, I layer Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Sand under my eyes. I didn't use this to highlight the rest of my face because I didn't want to risk transfer.

I always like to start with my brows. Using Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde and defining them with Anastasia Brow Pencil in Blonde is a great combo for a bold but natural eyebrow. I used NYX Wonder Pencil to highlight on my inner brows and tail to give them a lifting effect. I actually really liked how clean and sleek my brows looked. I think I might do them like this every day!

Fun fact: Without eyebrow product, it looks like I have no eyebrows because I bleach them.

For my actual eyes, I used ELF Black Liquid Eyeliner to draw my cat eye. I then used Ardell Lashes 102 to open up my eye and emphasize the cat eye. It was my first time using this style from Ardell, but I really like them for an every day look. I used NYX Wonder Pencil on my inner corners to make me look more awake. My last step for my eye makeup is always my lower lashes. Now that my mascara is running out, I really want to buy the Miss Manga (waterproof) mascara again.

My 100% Pure Brightening Toner came in today! My skin regimen is now complete. I decided to use the toner and serum at night because I'll have more time to let these products set.

No comments:

Post a Comment