4/6/15

FOTD & 100% Pure



Skin

My 100% Pure Brightening Serum came in! SOOOO excited. My skin is in dire need of some serum lovin'. This is actually one of their newest products. I will test this out for a little while and hopefully it ends up becoming one of my product faves because I have really high hopes for it.

I mean, just look at its AMAZING ingredients! You've gotta love the bearberry, kojic acid, licorice root, and vitamin C quadruple-brightening-threat.

  • Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe)* Leaf Juice, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Organic Rose Hydrosol)*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Juice) Extract, Loofah Cylindrica (Vegetable Cellulose), Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf (Bearberry) Extract, Kojic Dipalmitate (Kojic Acid), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Extracts of Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Vaccinum Macrocarpon Fruit (Cranberry), Cetearyl Olivate & Sorbitan Olivate, Extracts of Citrus Paradisi Peel (Pink Grapefruit), Citrus Medica Limonum Peel (Lemon), Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) * Certified Organic"




So yeah. If you didn't know by now, I have been obsessed with 100% Pure. I can't help but feel good knowing I am using organic and vegan products on my sensitive normal/dry skin. I only wish their brand wasn't on the pricey side, but they give a pretty decent amount of product. If I had the means, I would love to try out their fruit-dyed makeup. But for now, I'll keep using what makeup I have. 

I've been trying to match my skin regimen to 100% Pure's brightening line.


Their product claims for their brightening products is this:


"The Skin Brightening Collection was formulated specifically to enliven dull looking complexion to make it more vibrant, healthy and glowing. Rather than using harsh chemical skin lighteners, this 100% Pure formula gets its brightening effect from all natural, gentle ingredients like bearberry, kojic acid, sake, fruit acids, licorice, vitamin c, lemon juice and strawberries."



I personally feel like they're missing some products which, to me, keeps them from having a complete brightening line. I really wish they had a brightening eye cream but their caffeine eye cream has been doing wonders for me, so I'm content with that. Other than missing an eye cream, I think they need to add a brightening day time and night time moisturizer.

As of this week, I have their whole brightening line:
  • 100% Pure Brightening Foam Cleanser
  • 100% Pure Brightening Cleanser + Mask
  • 100% Pure Brightening Tonique (My toner doesn't arrive until Wednesday. Thank heavens for Sky's Amazon Prime!)
  • 100% Pure Brightening Serum
  • 100% Pure Brightening Night Balm

Oh, how I love brightening. And I don't necessarily mean lightening!

To me, brightening and lightening mean two different things. Brightening is more subtle, leaving the skin looking radiant and perhaps a bit lighter. My face does look more transparent, but I still think I am within the same shade range (NC23). At the same time, it looks like I am glowing from within! I notice this when I wake up in the morning pleased with how my bare face looks.

Lightening means to change the skin color by a shade or more. I'm hesitant to "lighten" my face with a lightening soap so I prefer the natural route and choose to brighten instead. From past experience, it always felt uncomfortably itchy and ended up peeling which felt like forever. Even if that means its working, I don't have the patience to endure that anymore. I still want to show my face to the public and not feel conscious! Good thing my body can tolerate the strong ingredients. I am currently using Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap.





... Anyhow, I also bought their makeup blender (please be that better and cheaper option than the Beauty Blender!!!) and cruelty-free facial cleansing brush (regular 100% Pure products, so it's not from their "brightening line") from their web site, 100percentpure.com. Those should be arriving sometime this week. Teehee.






As for the makeup blender, I couldn't help myself when I saw this was for $13. Some reviews compared this to the $20 beauty blender, and I was sold. I usually use makeup brushes to apply foundation, concealer, and all that, but I'm always excited when it comes to perfecting or innovating my makeup routine!

I've never used a facial cleansing brush before, but I read that it can clean your pores more thoroughly and keep the skin firm. 

Alright, enough of sounding like I have a spending problem. LOL.


My "lazy" makeup and second day hair


So this is my "I want to look presentable but probably half-assed it" look. Of course, I much prefer having my long wavy hair flowing around and pink lips, but I was a homebody today! Most of the weekend, actually. I stayed at my boyfriend's, and we watched Food Network Star season 9 on Netflix, played Kingdom Hearts 1.5, and *SPRING BREAK* homework.


This was taken earlier tonight when Sky was serenading me. *heart eyes*

Face

I mixed some "whatever foundation" (i.e. Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Buff Beige) with my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation Fair Sand to make my foundation darker. I used about a 1:2 today, but might use 1:1 next time for a better match, or mix a darker foundation like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Ceylan or Punjab. I realized Tarte in Fair Sand on its own is definitely too light for me, and can make me look sickly (either that, or my face is getting tan). In retrospect, Light Sand would have probably been a better shade for me.

Notice I still wore lashes (Ardell #206) despite my makeup being "lazy," but ironically false lashes is quicker for me to do than mascara. Plus, lashes always give me that open-eyed look I don't find in mascaras anymore. I skipped wearing any color on my lips today and stuck with a regular balm, EOS in Strawberry.

I did less highlighting than I normally would, but kept the focus on the cheekbones. However, I did my contour the same.

I particularly liked how I did my brows today! They looked more even, and part of that really had to do with how careful I was when swiping on Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde. I used Anastasia Brow Pencil in Blonde to fill in any other sparse areas and to add more definition around the tail and my arch. I also made sure the inner part of my brows weren't as sloppy as they usually are. This week is the last week I can probably get away with my brows before I have to lighten them again. My black brows come back so fast!

My GEO Tri World Brown contacts have also been a favorite of mine this week ever since I got my prescription in them. I find myself grabbing for this pair over my Super Pinky Blue and Vassen Rainbow Eyes Brownish Hazel that all came in the mail last week. Whereas GEO Tri World Brown is 14mm, the other lenses are 15mm and, quite frankly, I realized it looks a little strange on me??? It's pretty disheartening considering if I don't wear them I'll have wasted money on them. Part of me has hope that I need to find the proper eye makeup and testing them out a little more. However, I will say that part of my iris peeks out underneath Tri World Brown, meaning my iris is probably 14.2mm. It isn't super noticeable, so it probably isn't worth dwelling on. I can see myself wearing these lenses at school and will do so tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, I can't wait to use some products that arrived today:


  • NYX Eyeshadow True Taupe- This is going to be my new contour shade.
  • NYX HD Concealer in Yellow- So I can kiss those dark circles goodbye and highlight around my face! I will use this underneath my other under eye concealer.
  • Red Cherry Lashes #43- These are gorgeous lashes that I need in my life. I can see myself wearing these for an everyday look or a night out.


Yup, I definitely have a spending problem.


Hair

No matter what I do, I find it difficult to make second day hair glamorous, so I end up braiding it thinking I'll still look cute. No extensions today either! I think I look better in long hair, but didn't feel like bothering today since I mostly stayed in today. My hair tends to be very nappy when I wake up and even after combing it like crazy, it still feels like second day hair to me. I skipped using dry shampoo to let my hair "rest" to a full effect.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing an olive oil treatment before I head to school. I hope I can somehow sleep before 3AM so I can help looking tired. My sleeping pattern is still fuqqed from Vegas and it's almost been a month since I've gone.


FOTD Product List:

FACE
  1. Tarte Amazonian 12hr Clay Foundation Fair Sand (used stippling brush for more sheer coverage)
  2. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Sand (used as nose highlight and cupid's bow)
  3. Rimmel Stay Matte, #20 (to set concealer, t-zone, and neck)
  4. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (face contour, except nose)
  5. Coastal Scents taupe eyeshadow (face contour, including nose)
  6. Exuviance Concealer in Light (used around laugh lines and acne scars)
  7. NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (cupid's bow)
  8. NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray

EYES
  1. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Sand (under eye)
  2. Exuviance Concealer in Light (I used this instead of Beige to brighten up my eyes more- it worked, but left me looking a little pale).
  3. NYX Pencil Eyeliner in Dark Brown (top lid only)
  4. Ardell Double Up #206 (These lashes are falling apart, so this is probably the last wear I can get out of them).
  5. Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara (big wand on lower lashes)
  6. NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (inner corners and brow bone)
  7. Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde
  8. Anastasia Brow Pencil Blonde
  9. Contacts: GEO Tri World Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment