3/10/15

"Black Eyebrows with Light Hair" Situation



So there I am on my computer finishing my homework for my data analysis class, and I find myself glancing at the mirror and give my eyebrows and notice something. My lightened eyebrows have faded meaning natural eyebrow is back. Sadly, I've noticed that it clashes with my hair color. Actually, having dark brown eyes and dark brows is really off-putting on my golden locks. Unless I'm wearing contacts, it's moments like this where you have to tweak some things around. In this case, brow color!

You probably can't really tell in these photos but in person I definitely notice it in person. I haven't gotten around to lightening my brows yet, so I figure that a temporary quick fix would be a light brow product. When it comes to hair (both brows and head), I normally opt for blonde/dark blonde color products and avoid its brown counterpart (as it can go on too dark), but I can make an exception with Define A Brow Light Brown, so long as used correctly!

Applied with a light hand, Define a Brow Light Brown gives my brows some warmth whereas Brow Drama (along with L'Oreal Brow Sculpt in Blonde and Anastasia Brow Pencil in Blonde) is a muted hue and therefore darkens already dark brows. as As I notice it my brows and gives an undesired higher between my hair and brows. I think brow drama alone would work better if my eyebrows were lightened beforehand.

I have tried a number of eyebrow products to suit lighter hair color. Below are some swatches to show how blonde shades can vary.

Left to right: Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde, Define A Brow Light Brown, L'Oreal Brow Sculpt in Blonde, Anastasia Brow Pencil in Blonde

Can I just say that L'Oreal Brow Sculpt doesn't even look blonde? It looks straight up dark brown LOL.

 

In above two pictures: Maybelline Brow Drama in Blonde (left) Maybelline Define a Brow in Light Brown (right)

Brow Drama look so natural up closer. However, it doesn't frame my face as well as it does compared to Define A Brow. Is Brow Drama Missing something!? I will say that I'm liking define a brow because of its subtle warmth that complements my current hair color, using it alone runs a little too dark. Also, using this pencil alone also looks too drawn in.


^ Pardon the eyebags here LOL. I slept pretty late last night and I was rubbing my eye before I decided to make this post. :P
In above two pictures: Maybelline Define A Brow Light Brown
See how it's just a tad too dark on its own?

THE ANSWER: I just tried mixing define a brow with brow drama and I got a more natural look. I used define a brow to define the perimeter of my brow after using brow drama to fill in.

Brow Drama x Define A Brow
Frames face: check!
Brow Color: check!

I'm pretty pleased with this for now. :) Definitely trying this look out tomorrow while getting ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment