6/11/12

Light Hair w/ L'Oreal True Brunettes Ultra Light Ash Brown

As much as I love maintaining soft hair, I can't help but have the urge to color it every now and then. Up until a couple days ago, my hair has been a deep medium brown, but with summer having me opt for lighter colors, I decided to try it out on my hair again! Currently, the bottom half of my hair fades to a honey blonde. I guess it's "ombré" now since it FADES towards the ends.

All of my hair attempts are DIY in my bathroom because I'm too cheap to spend at the salon ( ̄▽ ̄)

But who cares when I'm successful at home! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

OK, the product I used (which I was originally skeptical about) is L'Oreal's True Brunettes Ultra Light Ash Brown. This cost me about $8 at my local Target. The color on the box doesn't look like a brown (it was actually more like honey), but it looked like something I wouldn't mind going on my hair. PLUS, since it contained the word 'ash,' it wouldn't leave my hair some nasty orange.

My Hair Info:
*Naturally black brown Asian hair
*Thin hair (I wasnt born with nice thick hair (; ̄ェ ̄)
*Has bleached whole head once in the past (must explain why my hair is so porous and easy to dye)
*Mid-length (one box was more than enough for only the bottom part I was dyeing)


The dark-haired picture showing my face is my hair BEFORE I applied the dye on my head. Pictures 3 and 4 are the after results. Effective, isn't it!?

Score on Box-Dye:
Color Results: 10/10
Scent: 2/10 (I had to walk out of the bathroom and catch my breath every 20 seconds)
Price: 7/10 (it's priced quite fairly)

I'm definitely satisfied and will definitely purchase in the future if I further want to lighten my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment