2/23/13

Makeup Remover Hit and Misses

Hello! Ever wanted to know which makeup removers are most effective? Keep reading to find out!

♡ FACE ♡

Ponds Kaolin Clay: Yes!
Key ingredients: white kaolin clay

This product is fairly new. I spotted the cute packaging at Target and loved it at first sight. Kaolin clay is very effective at removing impurities from the skin. It's like a magnet! Plus I love the ease of cleansing towelettes. This removes every bit of face makeup I have on. It also brightens my complexion and leaves it squeaky clean!

Ponds Cold Cream: No!
Key ingredients: mineral oil

This product has been around for a whole now. This used to be my go-to until I discovered cleansing towelettes! While this does remove makeup, you have to put in a lot of effort with dipping the cotton ball and wiping it all over the face... like five times. The process is almost endless. I can't be doing that every night! This isn't a bad product, it's just not what I'd choose to remove makeup.

♡ EYES ♡

Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover: Yes!
Key ingredients: lavender and aloe

The lavender and aloe in this product soothes my area while removing the mascara I cake on there hehehe. Plus it's oil-free! Triple win! Couple swipes of this and my eye is back to how it looked before I put my face on u___u. Note: I've also tried the "cheap" Up&Up Target version of this, and it works just as well.

Maybelline Expert Eyes Remover: No!
Key ingredients: mineral oil

I hate the oily feeling that's left on my eyes after using this stuff. This does, however, remove eye makeup just fine.

Olive Oil: Yes!

This is probably the cheapest option to removing eye makeup! I found that diluting it with a bit of water will reduce the oily feeling left on the eyes.

Baby Oil: Yes!
Key ingredient: mineral oil

The mineral oil is what dissolves the eye makeup right away. But this, too, leaves an oily feeling wehhh. That being said, I prefer oil-free products. I usually use baby oil or olive oil as a last resort. Oil can clog pores and lead to milia!

I hope you found this helpful! What are your favorite makeup removers?



No comments:

Post a Comment