3/6/15

Updated Skincare Routine featuring Laneige


This year I am taking care of my skin even more! Good skin can help makeup appear even more flawless and you might even use less.

Skin concerns I usually have include dry and occasional dullness. I can honestly say that this new routine works wonders on my skin. Before I used to just remove my makeup, rinse my face with water, and use moisturizer. But I learned that adding intermediate steps such as toner/emulsion/serums can make all the difference.




Product List:
Laneige Multi Cleanser
Laneige Power Essential Skin Toner
Laneige Bright Renew Emulsion
Laneige Bright Renew Original Serum
St. Ive's Collagen Elastin Moisturizer

I use the cleanser while I'm in the shower. This product claims to remove makeup while exfoliating and brightening skin. When I'm out of the shower, I pour some toner on a cotton ball and sweep it over my face (avoiding the eye area) and neck. I repeat the process until I no longer see dirt on the cotton ball. Sometimes I gross myself out when I see all the dirt I get out, but also relieved to be getting it off my skin. Next, I use the emulsion with my hands, starting at the center of my face and patting it outward all the way down to my neck. The directions say to avoid the area, so I do. My favorite part is using the serum. I wait about two minutes to let the emulsion absorb into my skin and squeeze three drops of the serum on to the back of my hand. I sweep and pat the serum onto my face, my eyes, and my neck area. Then I let that absorb into my skin for 3 minutes. Lastly, I seal up all the good I've done for my skin with a moisturizer. I don't use a moisturizer with SPF in it because my foundation already has some. I let my moisturizer fully absorb (about 5 min) before moving on to my makeup routine.

Product List:

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Laneige Oil Free Cleanser
Laneige Power Essential Skin Toner
Laneige Bright Renew Emulsion
Laneige Bright Renew Original Serum
St. Ive's Collagen Elastin Moisturizer

Apart from the cleanser, my nightly routine is almost similar to my morning routine. However, the first and most important step at night is removing every trace of makeup! Sometimes, one cloth won't be enough and I'll end up using two to make sure I've removed everything from my face and neck. Then, I use the oil free cleanser to remove any remaining makeup residue and to clean my face. Afterwards, I use the toner, emulsion, serum, and moisturizer.

Initially, I wanted to buy the Laneige Bright Renew Night Time Moisturizer, but I couldn't find it in store. I saw it selling on amazon for $58. So pricey!

No comments:

Post a Comment