12/22/15

Brows Update


Due to the rainy weather, I found myself indoors all day. I spent the day driving back from Chino, applying for jobs, applying for graduation, and online gaming.


Matcha Green Tea
League

Later on I decided to be even more productive and groom my rather neglected brows. After taking a good hard look at them, I realized how stark the contrast was between my natural black brows and my freshly dyed light brown hair. I decided to lighten them as well with bleach. I thought this would enhance my look in a subtle, yet effective way. I also want to get ready for the end of the year festivities photo ops (Bay area this coming weekend and celebrating NYE in LA!). Up until today, I would use an eyebrow mascara (Avance Eyebrow Mascara "Ash Brown") to help my eyebrows match my light-colored hair, but this new method is so much more effective.

(Excuse the no make up! I also got little to no sleep last night.)
Products used:
L'Oreal Quick Blue Bleach
Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 vol. H2O2
ABH Dip Brow Blonde
Maybelline Define A Brow in Light Brown

I left the bleach on my brows for a total of 30 minutes until they turned into a banana color. Normally, I would dye it over with a light brown dye,  but I didn't have any on me at the moment, so I turned to my brow products to help achieve this look. Using ABH Dip Brow alone left my brows looking too ashy, so I added Maybelline Define A Brow to give them more warmth and match my hair better. I can probably go up to 3 weeks until I'll have to touch them up again.

On a side note, I've come to the realization that I should get back into black eyeliner so that I can wear regular mascara on a daily basis again. I noticed that false lashes gives the illusion you are wearing black eyeliner, but it probably isn't good for my eyes to be wearing them so often. My lashes could use a break anyway.


Also, here's my inspiration as of lately: I guess you can say I'm really digging the subtle goth lolita vibe, considering it's winter now, and I can layer up more. And as always, I never think you can wear too much black.





Tokisaki Kurumi from Date A Live. It's always the villains that catch my eye! I love how she is designed. I would totally cosplay her if I had the money LOL.

 Don't forget to check out my Instagram and Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment