2/23/13

New Games I'm Playing!

Now that Abrann and I have beaten Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch(in 8 days too!!) we're playing games similar to it. I'm so sad it over!

It just so happens these games are also by Bandai Namco!

Eternal Sonata トラスティベル 〜ショパンの夢 a game released in 2007 that I've seen around before, but never picked up.

I like the gameplay on here, very similar to Final Fantasy XIII-2 in terms of being "turn-based" attack strategies. I also like that the story revolves around Frederic Chopin, my favorite piano composer. The animations are also super cute! I love the Victorian culture with an anime twist.

The second game, Tales of Vesperia テイルズ オブ ヴェスペリア, was released in 2008. I don't like the gameplay as much. There's a lack of the rotating angles and inverted camera, making my movement feel very limited. The fighting style is similar to Streetfighter which isn't my favorite. I get annoyed with the battle scenes more than I do enjoy them. The style is also Victorian, but more... futuristic?

The voice-acting is decent— I much prefer that over the unnaturally high Japanese voices. Don't judge me, I just like to feel at ease and comfortable when playing, not cringing at every cutscene!

Hands down, Ni No Kuni is one of the best games I ever played next to the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Have you played these games? Are there any cute anime style games with cool battle sequences? Let me know!





2 comments:

  1. Eternal Sonata was such a great game! I liked the battle system and all of the characters were so memorable. I also liked that it was two player during battles. ^^ Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh, is it also available for Nintendo Wii? I really love this kind of games too! I didn't know that there was one called Tales of Vesperia.

    Do you know Fragile Dreams or Tales of Symphonia? I finished them both and I love it *___* I posted about it on my Blog:

    http://mihoshappylife.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/a%D0%B8%CE%B9%D0%BC%D1%94-g%CE%B1%D0%BC%D1%94s-wii/

    ReplyDelete