4/12/13

Product Rave: E.L.F. Shimmer Palette

After doing my NARS review, I realized how much more I appreciate my current HG highlighter: E.L.F. Shimmer Palette. I bring this with me EVERYWHERE. E.L.F. has several highlighter products. I also posses their Facial Whip in "Pretty Lilac" ($1), though it doesn't compare to this!



For $3, how can I say no? They sell this at select Target locations. And no, I don't feel like paying their 6.95 shipping + handling on their web site. E.L.F. isn't as accessible as it should be!

It comes in four shades (not that these are not their actual names): white, peach, bronze, and a cool pink. There isn't much differentiation between all four shades unless you apply it more heavily. This palette is great because you can mix colors to get your perfect shade. I think this can suit a wide range of skin tones.



Luckily for me, the peachy tone is perfect for my NW 20-25 skin! I find myself using that color the most, with the third bronzey color being the least. (Tip: you can mix it with the white shade to get a similar peachy outcome of needed.) This palette comes with a brush, which I find pretty useless, so I use clean fingers instead for more control!

I use this product under my brow, my cheekbones especially, my nose, the ball of my chin, and sometimes my inner corners (though I usually prefer using something less slippery for that area). The finish is dewy and natural looking.



The formula is pretty slippery (it contains mineral oil for goodness sake), but the lasting power is decent so long as you don't constantly touch your face. Despite the mineral oil, this does not clog my pores at all. I tend to retouch this several times a day, I don't mind at all with such ethereal results!

I wish E.L.F would come out with a version of this in separate colors! I would be stocking up like crazy.

ask.fm/graaaceface 
twitter: graceoira
instagram: graceoira

1 comment:

  1. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Loved this blog post <3

    ReplyDelete