4/11/15

Anastasia's "Create A Contour Palette"


Want to step up your contour game? Anastasia's ever-so-hyped Contour Palette is definitely on my radar! My face isn't complete without highlighting and contouring in some way. Yes, I do this every day and it's so necessary IMO!

I was on Anastasia Beverly Hill's web site (for the first time, actually) couldn't help but notice her highlighting and contour products. I currently use ABH's Brow Pencil in Blonde and love it, so I have high hopes for her other makeup products. I've seen this contour kit raved about pretty much all over the internet. I decided to make my own palette so that I could choose the shades I need most!

I read a testimonial on how the texture was better than Ben Nye's Banana Powder and as good as Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish Powder in Pale Yellow. 

Each refill is priced at $14, but if you create a bundle with 6 pans, it only costs $40. This is such a steal, because without the bundle, buying 6 individual pans have a retail value of $84. Not only that, but orders over $25 gives you free shipping!

From left to right per row: banana (2 pans), champagne, mellow yellow, fawn, ash brown
There soooo many colors to choose from, so it can be overwhelming at first. Luckily, the web site provided a helpful color wheel to give me a better idea of what will suit my skin tone best. I am NC20-25, so I prefer warmer shades. After looking at the ingredients, these pans should photograph well (i.e. flash photos at night).




Here are the powders I chose for my kit in detail! I picked two of the banana shade because I feel like I will use that shade the most. The other shades are for an extra shimmery highlight, and for darkening and mixing my highlight and contour. I've been dyeing to get my hands on a yellowy setting powder for a while now. I want a powder I can use for both day and night so I think this would be perfect. I'm talking about you, HD powders.
Banana is for light and medium skin tones. This works for undertones that are neutral, warm, cool, begie, and olive. In other words, it is universally flattering. 

Champagne is a shimmery highlighting powder for light to medium skin tones. This works for undertones that are neutral, warm, and olive. This is also universally flattering.
Mellow Yellow is a highlighting powder for medium, tan, and dark. This is for warm and olive undertones. I wouldn't consider myself medium, but I want to test this color out to see if it corrects redness any different from banana. I might also mix this with banana if I need to darken and get a better shade match.

Fawn is a contour powder for light and medium skin tones. This is for neutral, cool, beige, and olive. I love using cool tones to contour. It gives a much more natural shadow.

Ash Brown is another contour powder. This seems like a darker version of fawn. I would mix this with fawn if I wanted to darken my contour.

No comments:

Post a Comment