4/12/15

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser




Before I put on any makeup, I always use a face primer no matter where I'm going. It creates a smooth canvas on my face to help my makeup look even and stay on longer.

I tried this little guy on a whim after spotting it at Rite Aid for $6. I had run out of my HG Monistat Chafing Powder Gel and it wasn't in stock. Now that I've been testing this product for a couple weeks now, I'd like to share my experience!

The product itself is 1.5 oz and costs $6-7. This primer claims to be non-comedogenic and give you smooth and poreless looking skin. Even though it doesn't claim to increase the longevity of makeup, I found that my makeup lasted the whole day. It might be because of my setting powder, though.

The first thing I noticed when squeezing it out was the texture. It comes out thick, and spreads out thin easily. It is on the slippery side, which can be a hit or miss depending on your skin type. Lucky for me, it worked on my normal/dry skin. The product is also clear and had no smell, which I liked. I found that a little goes a long way and you need to let it set/dry out a little before proceeding with foundation. I only need the size of a nickel.

My only gripe is that if you put this on your eyes, it takes a little longer to set than I would prefer, so beware, or you run risk of your concealer sliding around. I usually wait 5 minutes total just to be safe. After that, all is right with the world!

Overall, I like that it keeps my face looking smooth for the whole day. I play tennis for several hours at a time throughout the week, and after looking in the mirror, my makeup looks about the same as before I played! I would say that my face looks like "baby skin" because of how smooth and even everything looks. As for the product claims, this doesn't "erase" pores, but this definitely makes them less noticeable!

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment