4/5/15

Product Fave: NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray




Lately, I've been all about having a healthy glow and fresh faced look. My makeup regime isn't truly complete until I've set it with my NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray (what a mouthful!). This has quickly become one of my favorites. I've never bought a setting spray, and I always told myself that if I did, I would end up with Urban Decay's All Night Spray. Unfortunately, its somewhat steep price has prevented me from lunging towards it, so after doing some heavy researching I stumbled upon this! I considered another drugstore contender (ELF Setting Spray), but read super mixed reviews about it, and shied away from it. Yup, I'm quite the skeptic when it comes to beauty products! But hey, that might be a good thing.

Anyway, I am so glad I decided on this because I love it so much. I can't believe I waited so long to try this! I always use powder to set my makeup (my contour is also powder), so you can imagine I my face ended up matte and flat! Even after adding some gleam and luminosity with my rather awesome face highlighters, the powder underneath subdues this.

After I've applied all of my face makeup (primer, concealer, contour, bronzer, highlighter), I spritz this evenly on my face and neck (although the face is the primary focus). I make sure this dries a little before I apply eye makeup because if you spray it while you have your mascara on, for example, the mascara will start to run! Not cute. I made that mistake the first time I used this, but I love the method I use now. At first, your face looks like your sprayed it with water, but your makeup or skin absorbs this soon after and voila, your makeup looks fresh, dewy, healthy, and not cakey at all. This also helped keep my makeup in place for a good amount of the day, so I am very pleased.

I am already a big fan of NYX, and this product just made me even more loyal to them.

NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray retails for $8 at Target.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment