8/11/13

Highlighters (Revisited)


A staple item to my eye makeup routing is highlighting. Highlighting your eyes can make your eyes look younger and brighter. This post will be similar to my huge mascara post, except with highlighters!

Covergirl Eye Enhancers in Champagne - This is more ivory beige than actual champsgne. I know I usually steer clear from white shades, but the yellow undertone works for me. I also use this on my eyebrow bone, inner year ducts, nose bridge and cupid's bow.
Holikaholika in Pink Topaz. Click here for my initial review. This is a shiny opalescent (leaning on pink) champagne. I love that this can be built for more opacity. I might buy their 24 Karat Gold shade next. I don't use this one as much anymore because I like a subtle highlight.
Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Bulletproof Beige. Click here for my initial review. This is the most opaque eye highlighter in the bunch, so you have to be careful not to overdo it. This is currently the truest golden-beige shade in my collection. I love how it looks on my inner bottom lid. I use it every day to really open my eye up.
Almay Eyeliner Highlighter Duo in Black and Gold Beige. I love the idea of a 2 in 1 product. Both shades are beautiful. But because the highlighter is pretty sheer and more shimmer, I layer it over Scandal Eyes Bulletproof Beige for extra oomph.   As for the eyeliner, it doesn't have much staying power and it smudges too easily on my top lid after I curl my eyelashes.  I'll finish what's left of it, but I probably won't repurchase.



You can probably tell I like yellow-based highlighters ^.^ This is because it compliments the yellow undertone of my skin.


(I've tried these and ended up not liking them.)

NARS Albatross - Click for review

ELF Shimmer Kit - Click for review

NYX milk - This was too white for me (a dull white, even), so the best I can do is mix it with a shade I already like to brighten it up.

NYX cottage cheese- The silver shimmer just wasn't right. It's basically NYX milk with silver sprinkles!

Étude House Tear Drop Liquid Liner in Pearl - The opal pearlescent shade is not an everyday color for me, but it's very pretty. It's also a liquid formula so apply with a light hand. However, I prefer the creamy pencil formulas over liquid when it comes to lining my bottom lid.

Hard Candy Dollface (body) - They only offered 3 shades and I ended up picking the pink shimmery one. It messed with my makeup when I tried rubbing it on my cheek bones. You also can't use this on the eye area because it's too thick.From now on, I stay away from the lotion-liquid formulas because they're hard to blend and feel goopy

No comments:

Post a Comment